Thursday, April 21, 2011

17 Cute Love Quotes

Famous, Funny Love Quotes and Sayings

  1. “I was nauseous and tingly all over. I was either in love or I had smallpox.” – Woody Allen
  2. “Love’s way of dealing with us is different from conscience’s way. Conscience commands; love inspires.” – AJ Toynbee
  3. “Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.” – Leo Tolstoy
  4. “Love is the extra effort we make in our dealings with those whom we do not like and once you understand that, you understand all. This idea that love overtakes you is nonsense. This is but a polite manifestation of sex. To love another you have to undertake some fragment of their destiny.” – Quentin Crisp
  5. “Love is the profoundest of secrets.” – Henry David Thoreau
  6. “Why must love always be accompanied–sooner or later–by sorrow and pain? Why not? Because pure bliss is for pure idiots.” – Edward Abbey
  7. “There has never been a day in my life when I was not in love.” – Edward Abbey
  8. “Girls, like flowers, bloom but once. But once is enough.” – Edward Abbey (Can you tell that I’m a big fan of Edward Abbey? If you want to read a really romantic book sometime, check out his early novel Black Sun. It’s a tragic and haunting love story that will stay with you forever.)
  9. “I don’t have a girlfriend. But I do know a woman who’d be mad at me for saying that. ” – Mitch Hedberg
  10. “Don’t sweat the petty things, and don’t pet the sweaty things.” – George Carlin
  11. “‘I am’ is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that ‘I do’ is the longest sentence?” – George Carlin
  12. “The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.” – George Carlin
  13. “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
  14. “He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals.” – Ben Franklin
  15. “Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?” – Christopher Marlowe
  16. “If you would be loved, then love and be lovable.” – Ben Franklin
  17. “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.” – Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment